Get ready for a story that will take you from feeling burnt out to breaking through with success. In this episode, we sit down with Coach Lee Wilson, a relationship coach, who shares how he went from being burnt out in his 1:1 coaching services to making $40K/month with his course, The Emergency Breakup Kit. Learn how Coach Lee shifted from a 1:1 business model to a 1:many and serves more people, without sacrificing his well-being. This is one story you don’t want to miss!
“You’ll Start Noticing Patterns, and You’ll Start Honing In on Your Instincts.” – Coach Lee Wilson
In today’s episode, we take a look to see how a course can really help you scale your business and successfully shift from a 1:1 business model into a 1: to many allowing you to serve more people
Working 1:1 with people or clients can be very rewarding but it also has its drawbacks. If we’re not careful we can spend all day on client calls, getting emotionally invested, managing expectations, and so on. Rather than having a sustainable business that allows us to live the lifestyle that we want – we end up with another job that takes a lot out of us.
That is why today we have special guest, Coach Lee Wilson who was doing well offering his 1 on 1 coaching services for those looking to improve their relationships but eventually got burned out. Yet, through his course, The Emergency Break Up Kit, was able to quickly replace and increase his income and generate $40K a month
We’re also going to take a look at:
- How you can build trust with your 1:1 clients,
- What actually works when running a YouTube channel,
- Understanding the true power of saying “No.”
Show Value Bombs:
- You can think that you are a machine all you want but you can only invest so much of yourself into your clients before it starts to take a toll. Prepare for that eventuality before it gets to the point where you totally feel overwhelmed.
- You do not need complicated sales funnels, launches, or promotions. Simply create content that is super relevant to your niche market and “seed” your offers. People will jump in when they are ready for it.
- If you plan on having multiple topics that you are interested in talking about, it might be a better strategy to have multiple YouTube channels for each specific topic. Otherwise, the niche that takes off, in the beginning, might dominate your content planning down the road and limit your ability to create in order to keep the algorithm happy.
Here’s a brief overview of the episode:
- [00:00:00] Coach Lee is a relationship coach who first got into the market 20 years ago. He didn’t get on YouTube until about four years ago with his material. Now he’s looking to expand his business.
- [00:02:44] It’s better to work for yourself whenever you can.
- [00:03:42] I was 21 or 22 when I started actually consulting. It took a while until I felt comfortable speaking on my own. Once you see so many situations, you’re just going to learn so many things by default. People share the instinct of doing the wrong thing a lot of the time.
- [00:09:03] A lot of people have to have their minds rewired if they really want to be in an adult, authentic relationship.
- [00:13:05] As a coach, I can be pretty direct with people. I can hold them accountable. And other times, I’ve even told people I don’t really see a point in us continuing. Being a coach can be frustrating sometimes, but it’s also very rewarding.
- [00:16:58] Lee had some YouTube videos really blow up on him. He quickly got to a point where he was two months booked out on coaching calls, and he was trying to do ten calls a day.
- [00:23:41] The course actually ended up making more than me trying to do calls. I was free to do more videos and the videos promoted the courses. It was a very smooth transition and the income never went down.
- [00:27:12] Lee hopes to incorporate a community where people can encourage each other and ask questions.
- [00:30:32] The breakup kit course brings in about $40,000 a month.
- [00:34:30] If you pick a niche in YouTube, it’s difficult to change down the road.
Watch The Episode
About Coach Lee Wilson
Meet Coach Lee Wilson, the man with the magic touch for fixing broken hearts. He’s the real deal, folks! Not only has he been featured by top media outlets like USA Today, The New York Times, and Cosmopolitan, but he’s also a lecturer at universities like Pepperdine and has racked up over 54 million views on his YouTube channel at the time of this recording. He’s a certified relationship expert and his Emergency Breakup and Marriage Kits have helped countless folks get back with their exes. With his military-level pattern recognition skills, Coach Lee is the go-to guy after a breakup or separation, because let’s face it, your first instincts are usually the exact wrong thing to do. So sit back, relax, and let Coach Lee work his magic!
Follow Coach Lee at:
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
Rate, Review, & Follow on Apple Podcasts
“This episode was awesome!” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show!
This helps me support more people — just like you — move toward the online life and business that they desire. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Other Ways To Enjoy This Episode:
*Affiliate Disclosure: I’m a proud affiliate for some of the resources I mentioned. Meaning, if you click a link for a tool and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no extra cost to you. My recommendations are based on deep experience with and knowledge of these companies and their products, and I recommend them because they are genuinely helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions we may receive. Please don’t spend money on these products/services unless you believe they will help you achieve your goals. Read the full disclosure here: