Are you just getting started struggle with the creative side of finding a hook and good copy to pull it all together? If that’s the case don’t worry, I got you. In this episode, we talk about what it takes to find the right “hook” that is going to attract your market and how to bring it all together for more sales.
Sorry, none in this episode 🙁
Show Value Bombs:
- Use Your Market’s Own Voice – You are going to find the hook by researching your market. The hook is in the data – then it’s all about making it exciting and a new opportunity for them.
- Make Sure That The Copy Serves You By Attracting The Right Person – Think about the kind of customer you want and whether of not that hook is going to attract the rind kind of buyer of push them away.
- Support Your Hook With A Proprietary System – A proprietary system adds credibility to your hook that puts a bit more confidence onto your market that you are the solution for their problem.
Today on The OMG! Show: Creating A Hook
00:00 – Finding a good hook with copy to bring it all together
- This is something that we all struggle with, especially at the beginning in terms of how do we write something that is going to both attract and also convert.
- We’re going to focus specifically on cold traffic because those are the hardest people to convert.
- If you can convert cold traffic, then converting warm and hot traffic is kind of like a domino effect.
00:53 – The “Go-To” resource for creating hook that attracts your market.
- Now when it comes to creating a hook, the one GoTo that I is a use is using my market’s own voice.
- I want to understand how are they describing their pain points. I want to know what words they are using, what phrases they’re using. What exactly are they looking for?
01:46 – Tools to better understand your market
- Go to Amazon and I type in a book for any particular market, I’m going to look at the reviews focusing on two and four star reviews.
- I just want to see you what they are describing, what fault did they see, what they liked and didn’t like, but more particularly with the specific words that they’re using to describe that scenario.
- Now let’s say you’re on Reddit for example, right? You type in whatever topic you’re interested in creating a product for and you just look at the sub Reddit and see what people are mentioning.
02:39 – Using your market’s own voice to create hooks
- more often than not, the stuff that you see at the top has been voted most by the public. Meaning either that a lot of people find this interesting or a lot of people are relating
- Now, one of the best ways to increase conversions is to simply write in your customer’s own voice.
- If they say, ‘I’m having a problem, I need to lose weight in 30 days,” Then your product can be as simple as how to lose weight in 30 days, right…
04:17 – Creating a hook that serves you
- So a hook also needs to serve you. It not only has to grab attention from your market, but it also needs to serve you and making sure that you’re attracting the right type of people.
- Old school marketing trick that you can use is “alliteration” and for the lack of a better example “Customer Cashflow Creative.”
05:18 – Creating a hook that excites and how it benefits your market
- Sometimes that works and sometimes it does sound very cheesy. Really what you want to do is pick something that excites you.
- More often than not, especially if you’re just starting out, most of the customers that you’re gonna attract are kind of like people whose shoes you’ve been in before, right?
06:03 – Using “Proprietary Systems” to increase the wow factor of your hook
- Now another tip in terms of writing a hook is that you want to make sure that you position your products as proprietary systems.
- So the meaning that you’re the only one in the world that has, you know, this particular system, this particular product.
06:57 – How “Purple Cow” creates hooks with their proprietary system
- So it’s a mattress, but they’re always talking about this purple mesh technology or whatever it’s called that can protect an egg even if something falls on it.
- P90X you know, the world’s top selling ad home fitness program has what’s called muscle confusion.
- So there the product that you’re selling, but also what proprietary system is attached to that product that allows people to get results.
07:48 – Recapping the episode and where you are going to find the right hook that you need for your offer.
- The hook, like what I mentioned before comes from understanding the pains of your market,
- You can have a great hook, but at the same time, if you’re casting it in the wrong pond, you’re not going to catch anything.
- So you need to have the hook, but you also need to have that proprietary system that supports that hook.
08:34 – Keeping it super simple when creating your hook
- You’re looking for a headline that is going to attract the person you’re trying to sell, right?
- So the best way to figure out what to sell them is to just look at what they’re complaining about, what the problems are, and then flip that problem upside down and turn it into a solution.
- Once you have that solution, have a proprietary system in place so that way they can see that you are the Go-To, that you have a system, you have a process, that there is an end goal in mind, and therefore now they have a ton of confidence to go ahead and move forward with the purchase.
- The Ultimate Automate Sales Systems For Online Businesses – Discover the 4 proven methods needed to help you run your business on autopilot.